I, GP Cremonini, owner of Rivera Omnivorous Restaurant in Venice,
Following the reports in the local and international Press regarding a complaint made by some English Tourists , about a lunch in a not further specified “restaurant” with an overpriced bill and the public response to the complaint by the mayor of Venice Luigi Brugnaro
– without having precise details of the specific lunch , I hope this is not yet another case of cheating the guests which is sadly often present in Venice and against which Associations like Buona Accoglienza has always been fighting
– without considering a possible lack of knowledge of the Visitor but at the same time confirming that Quality and Transparency are the essential basic values of a Restaurant
I find it unacceptable that a Visitor to our Town is insulted in these terms by “our” mayor which instead of valuing our unique Town lowers it to a level of …the worse level.
I’m extremely sorry of what happened, and I affirm that any Responsible Visitor to the Town is and always will be more than Welcome.
the giudecca canal, its large space,
the so bright and enveloping lights of a lagoon almost sea.
but not only that: a cozy room from where to enjoy the autumn mists.
and first of all a kitchen and a service, because in my opinion eating is an extreme act:
you take “something” that is there, next to you, and “put” it inside you.
this “something” if doesnt kill you, then becomes a part of you.
if you dont make a conscientious decision regarding this “something”
it means that you dont respect yourself,
and by consequence, that you dont respect others.
each Person working here, each in their own way, participates in this act.
no claim but simply offer what we know to find better: this simple sentence from Josko Gravner to summarize the Common Sense that guide us:
“… you ask me what I think of natural wines, whether a certification is right or not? I don’t know the answer, and do you know why? because I make Wine, and my Wine does not comply with any product specifications or trends!
And in making my Wine I do my best to respect my Land, respecting the whole ecosystem.
In all these years I have seen how useless specifications and certifications are, because behind each wine there are not only grapes, but most importantly the producer’s honesty: this is something you cannot learn at school or by conforming to a certain production thinking… and even less can it be certified.
I’m extinct -Cristiano Bendinelli www.cristianobendinelli.com Sala Fortuny
this project was born from the need to relate the improper use we make of our planet. regardless of what ‘that surrounds us, we continue in the destruction of flora and fauna that should instead accompany our lives. photographing a series of extinct birds I wanted to document what we have lost, their beauty and their role among us. documenting the species and their last sighting. Through this work you can get to touch drowsy consciences, distracted by passage of time, documenting where we come to be ready to deal with where we’re going.
In my work I feel the space strong actraction and charm, the orientals can say the vacuum, that ocean of possibilities, the place without boundaries where the every things intimate voices waft… The space, that world of visions that must spring out of appearance, unstoppable breath of reality… that reality that passing by the form of his specific body, pulsates with an energy coming from the neverending intimate abyss
contact us or book a table
before booking a table please:
-consider that first of all Riviera is a Restaurant; if you want to came here only for the landscape and to take selfies, please leave your place to foodies
– give a look to our menu here (sorry but we don’t have a vegetarian or vegan proposal)
– check here our Terms and Conditions here (please read carefully: we reserve the right to refuse any Guest not compliant our internal rules)
– due to comfort reasons also for other guests, not allow to receive for dinner groups of more than 5 guests, also if in separate tables. It would be eventually possible but for lunch, contact us for details.
– all our tables -under weather conditions- are outside and near to the Canal de la Giudecca (otherwise in one of the two large rooms inside), but anyway we can assure only the booking, but not the table position
– consider that our opening time are from Friday to Tuesday, from 12.30 to 3.00pm (last order 2.30pm) and from 7pm to 10.30pm (last order 10.00pm) – Wednesday and Thursday are our days off
Because a too long list (14%) no shows leaving ’empty booked tables’, in order to guarantee your booking, our process required for any booking, and as value of confirmation of your booking, 50,00€ as deposit by credit card and for each Guest: this is a deposit (you don’t pay anything) and it will be not cashed (nothing will be charged) if you cancel at least 3 hours before your arrival time.
We really apologize for this inconvenience, but that is the only solution against the rudeness of few fellows.
for reservations at 9.45pm the credit card deposit will be not required, but to give you a table we need to wait for one becoming free: may be you’ll wait few minutes.
for any question contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
we’ll answer you as soon as possible!
how to reach us
vaporetto san basilio stop (line 2, 6, N) or zattere (linea 2, 5, 6, N).
contact us for details
opening time Friday to Tuesday,
from 12.30 to 3.00pm and from 7PM to 10.30pm
we are closed on Wednesday and Thursday
location: fondamenta zattere al ponte longo, 1473,
30123 venezia, italy
phone: +39 041 522 7621
come da indicazioni ministeriali, sosteniamo una dieta bilanciata ed il consumo di omega3 nella dieta